Plano Distracted Driving Accident Lawyers
Distracted driving remains to be a massive problem in Texas. In 2021, approximately one in five motor vehicle crashes on Texas roadways were caused by distracted driving. These crashes resulted in the deaths of 431 people and serious injuries to 2,934 people. Distracted drivers can easily injure other road users if they’re not paying their full attention to driving, causing catastrophic injuries and financial strain to victims.
The Law Office of Joel Vecchio, P.C., has spent more than 20 years fighting for the legal rights of individuals who have been injured in Plano and the surrounding areas. Our Plano, TX, distracted driving accident lawyers understand the toll distracted driving crashes can take and what injured victims need to recover the compensation they deserve for their losses.
Common Types of Driver Distractions
Among the most common forms of driver distractions in Plano include:
- Using a cellphone – Talking on the phone and texting takes a driver’s eyes, focus, and hands off the task of driving, which makes these distractions the most dangerous of all.
- Fussing with vehicle controls – Tinkering with the climate control, radio, or other controls takes a driver’s hands and eyes off the wheel.
- Using a GPS device – Entering directions and looking at the device means that at least one of the driver’s hands is off the wheel, and they’re not fully concentrating on driving.
- Grooming – Drivers who are looking at themselves in the mirror, shaving, fixing their hair, putting on makeup, or doing other grooming tasks, are not focused on driving and looking out for other vehicles around them.
- Drinking and eating – Drinking or eating while behind the wheel means that at least one of the driver’s hands is off the wheel, so they are not paying their full attention to driving.
- Interacting or arguing with passengers – Arguing with passengers or even talking to them while driving takes a driver’s focus away from driving safely.
Damages You Can Receive in a TX Distracted Driving Accident Claim
If you have been injured in a distracted driving crash in Plano, TX, The Law Office of Joel Vecchio, P.C. will make sure that you recover fair compensation for your accident-related damages, including:
- Medical expenses
- Lost earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Lost earning capacity
- Emotional distress
- Damaged property
- Loss of companionship
Find Out What Our Plano Distracted Driving Lawyers Can Do For Your Case
Recovering financial compensation following a distracted driving crash can be very challenging, but our Plano, TX, distracted driving accident lawyers can:
- Evaluate the accident to figure out who caused your injuries and who must be held liable for them
- Collect evidence that will support your claim for damages
- Handle all the paperwork and file your case promptly to ensure that it meets the state’s statute of limitations
- Deal with all the settlement negotiations with insurance providers
- Bring your claim to court if a settlement is not possible
The Law Office of Joel Vecchio, P.C. is here to serve you and is ready to use our resources and experience to pursue the money you will need to pay all your accident-related losses and rebuild your life following a distracted driving crash. To learn more about your case, call 972-380-4444 or reach us online to schedule a free consultation with our Plano, TX, distracted driving accident lawyer today.