What Are The Most Dangerous Roadways and Intersections for Cars in Plano, TX?
Plano is one of the biggest cities in Texas, and just like other big cities in the state, it also has a lot of vehicles, which means an increased risk of motor vehicle accidents. In Plano, the following are considered the most dangerous intersections and roadways:
- Colt Road and Mapleshade Lane
- Colt Road and West Park Boulevard
- Custer Road and West Parker Road
- Custer Road and West Spring Creek Parkway
- Dallas Parkway and West Parker Road
- Legacy Drive and Dallas Parkway
- Headquarters Drive and Dallas Parkway
But what makes all of these roadways and intersections so dangerous for cars? Most car crashes that occur in these dangerous roadways and intersections in Plano, TX, are due to driver negligence and dangerous road conditions.
What is Driver Negligence?
Driver negligence or error refers to any kind of behavior that endangers the safety of the driver and other people on the road. All drivers must act with reasonable care for other road users. When their actions compromise this legal obligation, this is considered negligence. Examples of driver negligence normally include the following:
- Driving while intoxicated (DWI)
- Distracted driving, usually due to cell phone use while behind the wheel, such as texting, checking social media, talking to someone on the phone, etc.
- Speeding, including driving above the posted speed limit, particularly in school zone and construction zones
- Aggressive driving, including tailgating, road rage, and using the high beams or horn unnecessarily to taunt other drivers
- Driving while fatigued
- Running red lights and stop signs
- Improper use of signals
- Failing to observe basic traffic rules
- Driving a vehicle with broken or malfunctioning parts, such as a rearview mirror, tail light, faulty tires, etc.
What Are Dangerous Road Conditions?
Motor vehicles resulting from dangerous road conditions can happen due to the following:
- Improper roadway design
- Poor road surface conditions, such as the presence of potholes and uneven surfaces
- Insufficient guardrails
- Inadequate or lack of signage or markings
- Lack of proper lighting
- Poor traffic control
- Obstructed sightlines
Drivers who suffered serious injuries might not realize that a dangerous road condition caused or contributed to the car accident. This may require a thorough investigation by an experienced Plano, TX, car accident lawyer working with accident reconstruction specialists to uncover the cause of the accident and factors that may have contributed to it.
Seek Legal Guidance From a Top Plano, TX, Car Accident Lawyer Now
At The Law Office of Joel Vecchio, P.C., our Plano, TX, car accident lawyers have secured millions in compensation for people who have suffered injuries in car accidents due to another driver or entity’s negligent actions. We will determine whom you can hold liable for your damages and aggressively seek maximum compensation for your losses, such as medical bills, property damage, lost earnings, and pain and suffering, among others.
To learn more about how we can serve you and set up a complimentary case review with our Plano, TX, car accident lawyer, please call 972-380-4444 or send us an online message.